- Publishing: Credit where credit is due. Nature. 508:312-313. 2014
- Out of Cite, Out of Mind: The Current State of Practice, Policy, and Technology for the Citation of Data. Data Science Journal. 12:CIDCR1-CIDCR75. 2013
- Funding, Funding. PS, political science & politics. 42:521. 2009
- Transformative Effects of NDIIPP, the Case of the Henry A. Murray Archive. Library Trends. 57:338-351. 2009
- Open Research Questions on Information and Technology in Global and Domestic Politics—Beyond “E-”. PS, political science & politics. 41. 2008
- How to Set a Random Clock: Remarks on Earnest (2006). PS, political science & politics. 39. 2006
- MEASURING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHITE VOTING AND POLLING ON INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE. Du Bois review : social science research on race. 3. 2006
- Current Research in Voting, Elections, and Technology. Social science computer review. 23:269-273. 2005
- From Crayons to Computers: The Evolution of Computer Use in Redistricting. Social science computer review. 23:334-346. 2005
- Replication with Attention to Numerical Accuracy. Political analysis : an annual publication of the Methodology Section of the American Political Science Association. 11:302-307. 2003
- A Bayesian approach to detecting electoral manipulation. Political geography. 21:39-48. 2002
- A Review of JMP 4.03 With Special Attention to its Numerical Accuracy. The American statistician. 56:72-75. 2002
- Choosing Reliable Statistical Software. PS, political science & politics. 34. 2001
- Modeling the effect of mandatory district compactness on partisan gerrymanders. Political geography. 17:989-1012. 1998
- Paradoxes of Political Reform: Congressional Redistricting In Florida. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- Redistricting by Formula: An Ohio Reform Experiment. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- The Effects of Automated Redistricting and Partisan Strategic Interaction on Representation: The Case of Mexico. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- The Limitations of Quantitative Methods for Analyzing Gerrymanders: Indicia, Algorithms, Statistics and Revealed Preference. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- A Fingerprint Method for Scientific Data Verification. Advances in Computer and Information Sciences and Engineering. 311-316. 2008